Question

Seperation
I have a serious problems in my hands, my sister. She is having marital problems in somuch that she wants out of the marriage. She found out that her husband has been cheating on her for about two years now and not only that he was financial supporting the girlfriend with all the money he had and the wife was doing everything in the house. They tried everyhting possible to work things out but the husband is still irresponsible when it comes to money. He has too many unpaid debts which he can't account for and this month he is only left with R2.00 in his babk balance(no contribution in the house hold as yet) They have two boys which he doesn't contribute anything towards their upbringing.
I kno w this might not be the right forum but she needs my help and I've run out of ideas. My suggestion was a separation but I don't know the legal implications of doing that. Can someone please give me more info with regards to this?

Dear Stalush,
Surely she really, and urgently, needs a legal consultation, to be sure she protects the rights and interests of herself and the children ? If money is a serious problem, she could explore the availability of free or very low-cost advice from the nearest University's Law Dept's Legal Clinic ; some attorneys ( check the Law Society ) offer at least an initial 30 minute consultation free, I understand ; and there may be availability of advice from the Family Advocate office a the nearest Magistrate's court.