Question

Serotonien
My mother was diagnosed with this condition. The doctor only told her that her level of "serotonien" is 77 and should be 300. She would like to know more about this condition like for instance what causes it and how she could help get rid of it?

Morne, serotonin deficiency can cause body aches and pains, depression, sleeping problems, stomach problems and a host of other symptoms. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter involved in most of the body’s functions, but the symptom that makes most people go to the doctor is a depressed mood. To tell you the truth, I’ve never taken blood to measure someone’s serotonin levels because the pills used to treat it are so safe and effective that they can be used as a therapeutic test. The pills belong to a family called the selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI’s) and she can ask her doctor to prescribe her some. Good luck.