Ask an expert

06 Dec 2005

Severe Cramps
Have severe cramps in my upper thighs. Can't stand up straight, can't sit or stretch when I get them, it's like my muscle just gets hardens. Absolutely painful :( Is there any medication I can take to stop that
Answer 332 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Grumpy,
You could have a unbalance in the electolytes or salts in your blood. ASk your GP to check your blood and prescribe the correct supplement to take. Calcium helps, as well as Magnesium.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18660 votes