Question

Shaking hand
Hi Doc. I have devel oped a shaking left hand and it seems to become worse as time goes by. For about 4 weeks, my left elbow has been sore, a dull pain that hurts when I straighten my left arm. I had 3 neck ops many years ago: 2 x fusions and 1 removal of ostiophites and use meds for high blood pressure. I also enjoy a couple of drinks daily. Any ideas? BTW, I am 58 yo.

Kiddo

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination, as the shaking hand can be due to inflammation of tendons that arise from your elbow or due to a neuropathic cause, secondary to your neck fusions. Alcohol consumption, even though, you only take a couple of drinks at night, can cause liver cirrhosis and your doctor will therefore, have to perform tests to determine the status of your liver function. Liver failure can cause shaking of the hands.