Question

sharp deep penetration to left frontal lobe of brain
i would like to know whether someone can survive such an injury. Should an operation be done immediately if there is bleeding on the brain or should the wound be closed and the patient put on oxygen and a drip and left in a ward to be monitored.I know that pressure to the brain can be fatal and would like to know is it wise to close a wound like this when you know that there is bleeding on the brain and that the patient could die.If the patient survives what is the prognosis for the future,will the patient definitely be brain damaged or not.

Chicks, this is an answer I can’t really answer. Every brain injury has it’s own special circumstances and outcome. Usually these people do survive, but are left with some sort of neurological defect. The best would be to ask the attending neurosurgeon. Good luck.