Question

SHE ASKED FOR ME

My mother was very sick from the beginning of the month, and she passed on on the 17 of this month. She was with my sister in law when it happen. I''m told that she asked for me few hours before her death.

I''ve accepted her death, but I''m so hurt cause I could not find out what she wanted to say to me. This thing is eating me inside and I can''t get over it. I pray everynight that I would see her in my dreams and maybe she can tell me whatever she wanted to say.

Please help.

I understand, and such worries frequently arise. But don't rush to assume that she had something to tell you which will remain unsaid. In my experience of such situations, she probably just wondered where you were, showing that she remembered and was thinking fondly of you at the time ; and if anything is said it's probably just a mesage of love. If she could have known how you might allow this to haunt you, she'd probably have said : "Please don't worry so, and please let yourself get over this. Remember me in happiness, not in sadness or regret."