Ask an expert

18 Nov 2004

she broke it
The g/f broke the muscle in my nob last night, its like cracked in two.Will it heal or what do i do???? hurting and afraid
Answer 350 views

01 Jan 0001

A fractured penis is the traumatic rupture of the corpus cavernosum. This needs to be evaluated by a urologist urgently.

To answer your questions:
1) Depending on the site and severity of fracture, surgery may be the most effective form of treatment. A urologist needs to evaluate you.
2) In most cases, penile reconstruction would help solve the problem.
3) Initial medical therapy consists of cold compresses, pressure dressings, and anti-inflammatory medications.

Here is an article on penile fracture. I suggest an urgent urological referral.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.