Question

shooting intermittent short lived headache
started 3 weeks ago with a shooting pain on the left side of my head, next to my eye. only 2-3times a day, but now becoming more frequent. only lasts 2 - 3 seconds but very sharp. any suggestions. also had red eyes a couple of weeks back, not sore or itchy and sorted out with eyedrops (dont know if this is relative)
any advice before seeing my GP
Many thanks

Peni, it’s difficult to say what the cause is, but it might be due to a sinus headache, drug rebound headache or even cluster headache. The best would be to e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and then I’ll send you something I wrote on the most common headaches. You can the use the article to try and determine the type of headache it is you have. If that doesn’t work, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.