Question

Short term memory
I am 78 years old and phisically fit. I still work as an accountant mornings only and play sqash an bowls regularly.

I am experiencing memory loss eg getting up todo something and immediately forgetting what I wanted to do.

I also make errors in my work and am forcing myself to check everyhing I do.

Please give me your opinion.

As I have said in response to a similar recent question, it's impossible to suggest treatment before you have had a thorough assessment, physical and psychological, from a good local psychiatrist, to assess the degree of memory / concentration problems, and its likely cause(s). Some can be physical, such as thyroid problems, and quite easily remedied. Some could be depression, and also this responds well to treatment. See a good local shrink for a full assessment, and see what he'she can recommend to improve this situation