Question

Should it be taking this long
Hi I am a young woman of 25yrs, have been on the depo(3mnth injection) for four yrs until 2006 July (haven't had my period since), I have been trying to conceive frm February 2007 and its now the end of August and still nothing. Should it be taking this long to conceive after beeing on the injection? What can I do to speed up the process.
fertility expert

Dear Jabs

It may take up to two years before normal ovulation is restored after the depo contraception (even after a single dose). However, to speed matters up you could consider ovulation induction using simple oral preparations such as clomiphene citrate (clomid, fertimed, etcetera). If there is still no response you could add injectable ovulation induction agents, but this has to be under the supervision of fertility specialist.