Question

Should she stay?

I have a daughter who will be three in April. She' s been at a creche since she was 4 months old and I am a full-time working mother.

The creche she is in is small and homey and she loves being there. She loves her teacher, but she is to move from the " little"  class to the " big"  class when she turns three.

This year I have to decide whether to leave her in the creche until she is older, or to move her to the pre-primary section of the private school we want her to go to. We' re told that if we delay her entry to that school she doesn' t loose her place on the waiting list.

She has a happy and united home and friends and her teachers reinforce my belief that she is outgoing, well-adjusted and happy. I believe that her being at a school she enjoys, and which is familiar is part of this, but she is going to have to move sometime. My question is, can you give me any pointers to help me (us) decide whether to keep her at the current creche, or move her?

Not a psychiatric issue, so lets see what other parents thing --- and try the parenting forum, too