Ask an expert

06 Jan 2010

Shoulder pain
I have a pain in my left shoulder and the doctor called it a ' pain point' . If I rub it, it feels like a mussle ' jumping' . What can I use to releive the pain please? Thank you
Answer 780 views
Shoulder Doc
Shoulder Doc

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mary,

in all due respect, the diagnosis of "pain point" is very vague and will not help you . Before any treatment can be suggested a diagnosis (cause of the pain ) has to be made. The one possibility in your case could be a Calcific tendintis ( look at our website at at both the sections for Calcifc tendinitis and "shoulder pain") for more information.

i hope you can have it sorted out,

Dr Joe de Beer
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17892 votes