Question

Shoulder pain
I have a pain in my left shoulder and the doctor called it a ' pain point' . If I rub it, it feels like a mussle ' jumping' . What can I use to releive the pain please? Thank you
Shoulder Doc
Shoulder Doc

Dear Mary,

in all due respect, the diagnosis of "pain point" is very vague and will not help you . Before any treatment can be suggested a diagnosis (cause of the pain ) has to be made. The one possibility in your case could be a Calcific tendintis ( look at our website at www.shoulderinstitute.co.za at both the sections for Calcifc tendinitis and "shoulder pain") for more information.

i hope you can have it sorted out,

Dr Joe de Beer