Question

Shoulder problem
Last year l experienced incredible pain in my left shoulder and upper arm, so bad that it would wake me up at night and no amount of rubbing etc helped. As suddenly as it appeared so it dissapeared after almost a year. I have however been left though with my little finger on the left hand feeling somewhat numb. What could this be?
Shoulder Doc
Shoulder Doc

Dear DB,

severe shoulder pain which disappears again can be one a few problems:
- calcific tendinitis of the shoulder
-frozen shoulder
-a nerve compression in the neck resulting in referred pain into the shoulder ( something to think about in the light of the numbness in your fingers)

look at the above conditions on our website : www.shoulderinstitute.co.za

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer