Question

23 Apr 2006

"shrinking" penis
Hi There
My boyfriend's noticed that his penis seems to be "shrinking". The width is still the same, but the length seems to have changed. I myself have noticed that there has, in fact, been a change in his penis length over a period of about 2 years. The length of his penis used to be about 19cm. It is now currently about 15 cm. He is 27 years old, doesnt smoke, drink or take steroids. He has a very stressful job, but it doesnt affect our sex life and he doesnt have problems getting an erection.

He is extremely worried and has started developing a complex about this. What is the cause of this "shrinking" and are there any safe options to lengthen his penis without having to have an operation?

Dear Tamzyn
Did he pick up weight? Sometimes a man picks up fat at the base of the penis "swallowing" a piece of it in the process. It does not really shrink, it just becames hidden. The penis is filled with blood vessels and may shrink when cold or stressed - but it is relative and in erection there should be no difference in lenght from 2 years ago.