Ask an expert

02 Apr 2007

Some advice on shyness please doc? Seem to be quite shy and afraid of social events,public speaking etc. Please help
Answer 343 views

01 Jan 0001

CBT Cognitive-Behaviour Therap[y works best for this, possibly aided by some medication. So assessment by a good local shrink is the best way to get started on this. Aklso, check out what's available through Exclusive Books and, as there are some really useful self-help books on shyness / social anxiety, especially those using a CBT approach by which you can start to help yourself
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18749 votes