Question

sick babes
Hi Doc,
Please could you give me advise on how to help my children. We had a fun day at Warmbaths and unwitingly have all picked up a "bad bug" - extreme sore throat, bad coughing (sounds like a whoop) lots of phlem, pain all over.
My children have got it worst of all. I've been to the doctor and was given anti biotics, I would like to know if there is anything else I could give to boost the immunity and supplement it.
And what would be the best to give for the sore throats.
Lee

Dear Lee,
You could give them an immunebooster like Viral choice C to help them recover, for the sore throats, if they are old enough to keep their mouths open for you , you can spray something like Andolex C at the back of the throat or buy something for them to suck like Cepacaine tablets. If they are small and you are scared that they will choke - you get a lolly that has antibacterial and antipain medication in it. Ask your pharmacist about it.