Question

sick sinus syndrome
My mother has recently passed away and the diagnosis was sick sinus syndrome. Can you let me know more about this and is it hereditary. My brother also passed away last year from a heart attack at 42 years old.

Doris, sick sinus syndrome is a term used to describe a group of disorders of the sinus node of the heart that lead to a slow pulse rate. This may lead to atrial fibrillation and haemodynamic collapse. If you have more questions please post them as a new question to ensure that I get them. Good luck.