Question

Side effects of Chromium Picolinate
I am a 55 year old woman, and I am DESPERATE to lose 2 or 3 VERY stubborn kilos. Diet Doc says I can use Chromium Picolinate, but I would really like a second opinion as I am worried about side effects. Are there any, and if so, what are they? How quickly does it start working?

Marion, the active ingredient in chromium picolinate is chromium, a trace element. Research has shown that people that struggle to lose weight often have a chromium shortage and that the use of a chromium supplement improves glucose metabolism and causes weight loss.
The best results are seen after using 200 microgram per day for at least 3 months. Taking more than 200 microgram will not improve the results and might even be detrimental. Good luck.