Question

SIINUS TROUBLE?

I woke up last Tues with this pain under my left ear - it wasnt earache as such, it was directly under the ear. When I felt there it felt like a bone jutting out! I since heard this can be a wisdom tooth problem and will probably go to my dentist next week to have x-rays to see if this is the case.

My questions are firstly, I woke up this am (Wed) with bad ear pain every time I swallow and seem to have a bad blocked nose. I am thinking this might be a sinus problem which might be affecting my ear and secondly I haven' t (stupidly, yes!) been using my humidifier the last couple of nights - Thurs until last night when I used it - could this maybe have been part of a reason for my troubles! This is the 1st tiime I have had any sort of flu problems since my sinus op - Oct 2006! I wish we could lots and lots of rain! We need it SOO badly. This time of year is always terrible!

I was initially wondering if this ear trouble was related to a possible wisdom tooth problem, but now I am not so sure, if I do in fact have sinus trouble and the two might in fact be unrelated. (ear + possible wisdom tooth!)

Thanks for the help.

Hi Anxious
Pain in the eustachian tube can refer to the ear and infection in the head and neck area can cause glands to swell just in front of and below the ear. Wisdom tooth problems would cause a sore jaw rather than a sore ear. Pain just in front /below the ear could also come from the TM joint if you gnash your teeth at night!