Question

sinus
I did a sinus &  tonsilactomy operation last year around August the thing is after the op everything was ok i was no longer snoring i could even breath on my nose before i used to breath with my mouth now i am realising that i am snoring again and i have headache especially at night but if i take a Pulmision tablet those things dissapear so i need to know how can i survive without taking pills because it looks like the op is not a lifetime healer for me so i was wondering what really causes that on my side because i have already done an op and it doesen`t work for me.
ENT Expert
ENT Expert

Dear Lebo

This operation has indeed removed the partial obstruction to your breathing, and improved drainage from the sinusses, but this does not mean you can never fall ill again. As it is winter, you may be more likely to get an upper respiratory infection, and this should be treated as such. If the Pulmison works, it is possible that you suffer from an underlying allergy, and you may benefit from the longterm use of a topical steroid nasal spray. You should see your ENT for an opinion regarding longterm management.