Question

Sinusitus
I have had a very bad bacterial infection affecting my sinuses and have been on antibiotics. Have felt better the last 2 days, but today nearly at the end of the course of antibiotics I feel headachy and nauseous again. I look after 8 wild cats who have become tamer and tamer and are near me often. Could they be aggravating this sinusitis? Is 7 days of Augmentin (1000mg 2X a day) enough t0 kill the infection? Thank you

Janine, you might be allergic to cats and then no amount of antibiotics will help. The cats may also make you more susceptible to bacterial sinus infections and then the antibiotics are a good idea. Of course the cats may have absolutely nothing to do with the whole thing.
Augmentin® is an excellent drug for the treatment of sinusitis, but sometimes you need to take it for 10-14 days before it clears up the infection completely. Maybe the best would be to ask your doctor to give you a prescription for another 3-5 day’s antibiotic and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear it up you will seriously have to consider taking something for allergies. Good luck.