Ask an expert

13 Nov 2006

Sister at university needs some advice

Being one of the worst spellers around, please excuse any mistakes I make/made..

My sister's room mate has some troubles (depro, aggresive, boyfriend from long ago that beats her etc etc) and although the hostale is currently taking care of the girl, my sister also needs some help/advice.

The roomy is now aggressive etc with my sister and until the exam is over, my sister is stuck with her. So, although I'm trying to get her to see someone, I just need some advice to give her in the mean time to cope with this girl.

So my question is, how should she handle the situation to be able to focus on the exam and relax, thus minimizing frustration.
She is working with the hostale people and some seniors to resolve the situation, but I need some direct advice that will help her in the mean time.

Tx everyone!
Answer 343 views

01 Jan 0001

Ots bad if the university is allowing your sister to suffer the effects of an unruly and troubled room-mate. Maybe she should see studenbt counselling for assistance. Meanwhile, it's not her task to cope with this girl, but to cope with herslef, and leave the girl to lead her own life as she chooses to do so.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.