Question

Site Trivia - or Warning?
Since its the quiet time of the year, and somewhat sparked by ~Wings~ irritation, I decided to kill some time (there's so much of it these days) and potter about the forum gathering boring facts. Here are some stats:

1 - In one week, there were 441 unique posts with an average of 3 responses
2 - There were 20 "Chat" posts, with a combined response of about 162 posts, giving an average of 4 "Chat" posts a day, initiated mostly be the same people who have each others e-mail addresses anyway
3 - There were 8 "Reading Material" posts, all by the same person, an average of 1.3 a day with a combined reponse rate of 33
4 - There were 11 posts of the 'greeting kind' - 'where's so-and-so today?' - also posted mainly by the same people who post the 'Chat' stuff, with a combined repsonse rate of 48 posts

The social stuff by far outstrips the on-topic posts in terms of responses. Generally, only 3 out of the 10 (or so) regular members of social circle respond to on-topic posts with the remainder of 7 only replying to the social posts. Conclusion? The social circle use the site for their own purposes more than genuine posters use it for its intended purpose.

Heck, I'm bored.....woza Wednesday!!!

Hmm, all these people killing Time. Isn't it a very good thing that Time never sems to retaliate ?