Ask an expert

22 Jul 2011

Skew penis (post 1233)
Hi Doc

Thank you for replying to my post 1233.

Just to remind you, I wrote to you about my slightly skew penis.

Doc, I will make an appointment with the urologist, but I wanted to know, will I have to make my penis erect for the urologist to examine? (my penis isn''t skew when it''s normal, it only goes skew when erect). I''ve never been to a urologist before and so I don''t know what to expect, I''m very anxious. Thanks Andy.
Answer 530 views

01 Jan 0001


Do not be anxious! The doctor will examine your penis when it is flacid to detect if there is any fibrotic (hardening) of the penis shaft. Do not be shy, as a urologist specialises in the male genetalia.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17879 votes