Ask an expert

13 Aug 2010

Hi There, I hope you wil be able to assist me with my skin Q.

I am 25yr old female, I never had a problem with acne in my face even as a teenager but i did have the normal pimples here and there and still do get them so i really dont have problem skin when it comes to acne, but i have what looks like pimples all over my upper arms and down the sides of my back, i also have them on my buttocks and on my upper legs. I was born with this and my doc diagnosed it as eczema but i am not so sure if it is that because all i see about eczema is red, itchy scaly patces on the skin wich is not wat i have, mine is not really itchy or scally it looks like pimples and is located close to each other and i cant say that it is pimples as i was born with it and it does not go away, it is like small pimples close to each other and when i do press it it does come out like a pimple would.

now these last few weeks i have noticed some biger redish ones on my upper legs and on the sides of my body, they are very painfull and red and i do press them as they irritate me. my mother also has this what looks like hundreds of small pimples on her upper arms and my 5 yr old daugter was also born with the same thing she has it on hert cheecks aswell

so basicly my doc diagnosed it as eczema but it looks like hundreds of small pimples located closely to each other on upper arms, upper legs and buttock. could this be some kind of eczema or another skin condition, what would you recomend using for this as i do sqeeze them and then it leaves blemishes so i dont wear like spagetti strap tops as i am shy about it and it looks awfull. I do use a cream mixed by pharmisists with aqeus cream and cortezone is there anything else i can use cos this does not seem to work.

Thank you
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001


It sounds like if you are suffering from what is called Keratosis Pilaris and I suggest that you consult a dermatologist to have this confirmed and to start with the correct treatment. Refer to the following link:


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.