Ask an expert

31 Mar 2007

skin condition
I have a skin condition which is really getting unbearable. When my skin gets in contact with cold temperatures it starts to burn and itch severely and then gets very warm and can then even swell up and make a thick rash. The only way to get relief from this is to warm up my skin with warm water or a blanket.This can even happen in the middle of the summer. It is like this all over my body.even in my mouth,when I eat something cold,even my teeth are tended to be like this. Is there a name for this condition? Is it rare? Is there any treatment for this that can take it away permanently?
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Son
you may have a type of dermatographia or hyperactivity of the allergy cells (mastcells) in your skin: taking an antihistamine, mastcell inhibitor like Zaditen or cortisone may help. I think you should see a dermatologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.