Ask an expert

15 Jan 2008

Skin lesions in the form of tear drops
My partner is 51 years old and has started developed a lot of these tear dropped formed skin. They seem to be where he has the most friction, under his arms and between his legs. Is there a remedy for this as they are causing him great discomfort?

Thank you
Answer 356 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Marielise
This sounds like a fungus infection - rather let a doctor or the pharmacist just look at the lesions to confirm - if it is Lamisil cream works well but need to be used for a few weeks.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18608 votes