Question

Skin on top of toes itch!
Dear Doc,
For the past two weeks the skin on the top of my toes are red and itching severely, especially when I bath and at night. The skin under, at the front and between my toes are not showing any signs of athletes foot or any other condition. Will Advantan cream perhaps help? I wear open sandals to work and are always barefoot when at home. Please advise!

Itchy, it might be a superficial fungal infection like athlete’s foot or it might be a form of eczema/contact dermatitis. The Advantan® will work for the eczema/contact dermatitis, but it might make the fungal infection worse. The problem is that I can’t really say what it is without examining you first, so I think the best would be to use an anti-fungal cream like Lamisil® first for a week or so. It will cure a fungal infection and won’t worsen the eczema/contact dermatitis. If it doesn’t work after a week, you can always try the Advantan®. Good luck.