Ask an expert

05 Feb 2003

Skin pigmentation
I am 37 and have skin pigmentation on my face. It is mostly on the outer area of my face. I have not been using any contraceptives fot the last 9 months. Is there any sucessful medication for my problem?
Answer 326 views

01 Jan 0001

Shelley, preventing it is a whole lot easier than treating it. Using a sun block is essential, but there is a host of additional creams and lotions that can be used. Most of them contain an acid (usually fruit) and after that a good moisturiser is applied. The best would be to see a good dermatologist and get his opinion. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.