Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

Skin problems
Is there some way I can suppress the androgen hormone?Or herbal supplements to balance the hormones causing skin irritations.
Answer 343 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Michelle
Androgen can be suppressed by oestrogen like in the contraceptive pill. Please go and see a gyne to do blood tests and prescribe something that will balance the hormones.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.