Ask an expert

03 Feb 2003

Skin rash
I have developed dry, ring-worm like rash around the back of my neck area and some patches on my upper arms. Please could you advise what it may be?
Answer 305 views

01 Jan 0001

Amy, it is difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you first. It might be ringworm or another form of fungal infection, or even an allergy or a form of eczema. You can try applying an anti-fungal cream like Lamisil® for a week or so, but if it doesn’t clear up the best will be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18756 votes