Question

skin rash
I have an enourmously irritating skin that appears in clusters around the area where thigh meets torso and where arm meets torso. The clusters are dry and not red or higly raised. They itch worse at night. Thy appear die, leave a drak mark and about a centimetre form there, the next cluster start,as a result I have a marks all around the areas concerned. I've tried allergy creams which don't help. The rash is not contagious. What is it and how can I be rid of it permanently? What can I do about the dark marks?

Mother, it sounds like it is a superficial fungal infection called tinea cruris. You can try using something like Lamisil® cream for a week or so and see if it doesn’t get better. If it doesn’t, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.