Ask an expert

14 Mar 2003

skin rash
I have an enourmously irritating skin that appears in clusters around the area where thigh meets torso and where arm meets torso. The clusters are dry and not red or higly raised. They itch worse at night. Thy appear die, leave a drak mark and about a centimetre form there, the next cluster start,as a result I have a marks all around the areas concerned. I've tried allergy creams which don't help. The rash is not contagious. What is it and how can I be rid of it permanently? What can I do about the dark marks?
Answer 327 views

01 Jan 0001

Mother, it sounds like it is a superficial fungal infection called tinea cruris. You can try using something like Lamisil® cream for a week or so and see if it doesn’t get better. If it doesn’t, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17879 votes