Ask an expert

04 Aug 2011

skin rashes
Hi doc,

My son is 2 years old and he has a rashes. I''ve taken him to the doctor and he said it was an allergy they gave him allegerx and a lotion to use twice a day.

The thing is the rash is still there I still continue using the medication I was given but I don''t see any change the skin under his eyes has even become darker due to the rash. Is there something I can buy over the counter?
Answer 565 views

01 Jan 0001


As I am unable to examine your son, I suggest that you reconsult the doctor or maybe ask him/her for a referral to a dermatologist. There is no over the counter medication that I can recommend without a clear diagnosis.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18773 votes