Ask an expert

30 Mar 2007

Dear Doc
i am 34 male and married. i have had according to what doctors say skin tags around my penis, which they removed by administering a local anesthetic and cutting them of. they did warn me that it recur but there is always a different excuse as to why.
one doctor told me it's because i shave down there that my skin is sensitive, one told me that it just happens and one didnt give me an answer at all. after going back to my family gp and asking him to test for HPV, his response was why waste money on a test and gave me VIROHEXEL which is medication for HPV. i completed it but the skin tags still recur. i know its hard to diagnose without an examination , but what could be wrong with me.
Kind Regards
Answer 501 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Worried
I think you should look at some pictures of HPV and or penile papules and decide for yourself what it looks like ( graphic - be warned)
You can then decide whether you need to see an urologist or not?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes