Question

Skinny legs and running
Hi Conrad.
I have been hitting the gym for a while now and have lost a lot of weight, as well as built some nice arms. I have very skinny legs, especially my calves. My girlfriend wants me to run a 10km race with her. If I start running more, will this get in the way of me building bigger legs? Also, any advice on my calves. I seem to work them the hardest, but don't see any difference. Compared to my arms where I do very little and they just seem to explode.
Bodybuilding
body building

Not sure,

Running will not have the effect of building your legs. In fact, it may have the opposite effect and tone them and make them smaller. The reason for this is that running is a cardiovascular activity and to build muscles this is counterproductive.

Also, calves are highly genetic in nature and it is very difficult to build them. You can train them but don't build up your expectations too much.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist