Question

SLEEP APNOEA
I have been using a CPAP machine for OSA for the past four years. I have now lost +-44kg and I am wondering whether my OSA could have improved because of the weight loss and whether it would be worth my while asking my medical aid if I could spend a night at the Milpark Sleep Lab to see whether the sleep apnoea has improved/gone? Your thoughts please.
Sleep Expert
sleep expert

It most definitely would be worth while. About 20% of people with OSA will be cured if they can lose this type of weight. Some will be able to reduce the pressure setting on the CPAP, and there are some in whom it will make no difference at all - unfortunately. You will probably need to be in touch with the doctor who originally treated you to advise you on the best course of action, once the test has been done.