Ask an expert

14 Jun 2011

Sleep doctor
I see that you often refer people to a " sleep doctor" . Is there a website where I can locate one for our area - we live in Secunda in Mpumalanga. I experience sleep problems as well and is currently using Zolpidem, but I would really like to stop using it and sleep with my husband. Because of his snoring, I cannot sleep through a night with him.
Answer 280 views
Sleep Expert
sleep expert

01 Jan 0001

To the best of my knowledge there is no one in your area who is treating this problem.

However, your husband sounds as though he might have sleep apnoea. This does indeed need attention, because it does have some unpleasant health complications, apart from the noise and they way it affects you!

Ask your GP if he knows where the nearest person to you is who might be able to treat this problem.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18741 votes