Question

Sleep Panic Attacks &amp  Choking
Hi there,I have panic attacks during the night,during which I sit up and scream that there''s something there and I only wake up from my husband shouting at me to calm down. I also start choking and wake up from uncontrollable coughing,during which I feel like I can''t breathe.I dont remember anything afterwards or in the morning, but it affects me during the day because I''m so tired I fall asleep at work while working on my computer.It''s also affecting my husband because his sleeping also gets disturbed by my " attacks" .Whats wrong with me??
Sleep Expert
Sleep expert

There could be a number of things going on. One would want to exclude a breathing disorder, which could be causing the panic and the choking. These are not difficult to treat, but you will need to be seen by a sleep professional to make the diagnosis.