Question

Sleep training pups
Hi, I have 2 7 week old pom pups (brothers). I have only had them for about 5 days and I''ve decided to not let them sleep in our bedroom (I close the door and they are learning not to enter), I have set up a spot for them underneath a desk and they sleep there comfortably. They start crying for attention at about 05h30 and I dont like to give them the attention because I dont want them to think that when they cry, they get attention. How do I teach them to entertain themselves?

Dear Cindy,

Is it not maybe a question that cry to go out for a loo visit -if they urinate indoors it is proof of that otherwise you will just have to ignore them some more days. They will eventually settle down.

Dr Smit