Question

Sleeping Pill and Dementia
Hi there,
I have been on prescription sleeping pills for about 8 years. I was taking a 10mg Zolnox pill every night but now only take 5mg. I saw a GP recently who told me that extended use of sleeping tablets will lead to dementia when I am older. He has now prescribed Remeron for me.
I am reluctant to change my sleeping tablet for an anti-depressant. Could you please advise me what to do as I want to get off the pills all together but I need sleep?
Macdee
Sleep Expert
sleep expert

No it will definitely NOT cause dementia. You will need help from a doctor who is trained in sleep, and the process is not especially difficult.