Question

SLEEPLESS 17 MONTH OLD BOY
MY SON IS A VERY ACTIVE 17 MONTH OLD. HE TAKES A 1 HOUR NAP DURING THE DAY AT ABOUT 12:00. HE THEN GOES TO SLEEP AT NIGHT ANY TIME FROM 20:00 TO 22:00, BUT AFTER ABOUT 2 HOURS OF PEACEFULL SLEEPING HE WAKES UP SCREAMING AT AROUND 23:00 AND THEN EVERY HOUR UNTIL MORNING. IS THERE ANY NATURAL PRODUCT WHICH CAN BE GIVEN TO MAKE HIM SLEEP PEACEFULLY THROUGH THE NIGHT, PREFERABLE A SYRUP AND A NON HARMFULL PRODUCT ?

Dear Car
Please ask your doctor to check for urinary reflux - my son did the same - usually they say if the baby does not get urinary tract infections they won't have problems - mine never did but had a grade 4 reflux that needed surgical repair - luckily I met a urologist that was sympathetic and willing to have a look. Other signs icould be a small amount of urine passed every hour or so, they don't want to lie on their tummies ( they get kidney colic) and they may have pus in the urine otherwise they eat well and grow well. If they find no urinary problems or bowel problems, ask your doctor to give some phenergan syrup as needed. You will know if the screaming is "naughtyness" or if your gut feeling tells you that there is something wrong...