Question

sleepy
Hi. Just had thyroid checked due to sleepiness but it's okay. I get several spells of sleepiness a day, so that i have to use caffiene to keep going and sometimes that doesn't help. i wonder if certain foods can cause sleepiness.? I've got to stop this- it's ruining m life

Dear Timid
Did the dr test your blood sugar and insulin levels and check for anaemia? Insulin resistance and iron or folic acid or vit B12 anaemia can all cause tiredness. It may be a good idea to go back to the dr to have these things verified. If you do not suffer from insulin resistance or anaemia, then think carefully if depression may be playing a role. Let's first get a diagnosis, then we can see what dietary changes you need to make. In the meanwhile, try taking a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn Forte for a couple of weeks to see if this will improve the tiredness.