Question

sliming diet
Hi there
I saw the slimming diet on this site. I would like to find out from you, can i replace salad (like a chicken salad)witht he lunch on occassion? How much salad would that be? I am just batteling with size portions!!

What milk is better skim - fat free or low fat??? and is the calcium level in all milk the same???

Dear S
Of course you can exchange any of the listed foods at any of the meals. The diet is just a guideline and is not written in stone! Fat-free milk contains only traces of fat, so it is the best option, but skim and low-fat milks already contain only 1.2g fat per 100g. Don't battle with portions, just use common sense - when you are eating salads, etc, the diet usually prescribes quantities in cups so use a measuring cup. The lower the energy content of a food, the larger the portion you can eat, e.g. lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, strawberries, mushrooms, etc, can all be eaten per cup, meat and fish on the other hand you would weight to obtain the portions specified.
Enjoy