Question

Slimming pills and pregnancy
I've been taking slimmings pills for the past few months and only recently discovered that I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I've stop taking the pills. I'm now having stomach cramps and wondering is my baby safe?

Dear Mikaela
As I am the Diet Expert, I would urge you to also ask Gynae Doc on this Website if your baby is safe. Slimming pills can cause a whole host of negative side-effects, but I have not yet read that they can endanger a pregnancy, but this is possible if the pills caused severe diarrhoea. Whatever you do, go and see the dr who is supervising your pregnancy immediately so that he/she can check to see if all is well.
Holding thumbs that all is well