Question

slow facial hair growth
hi,
Im a type 1 diabetic and my sugar levels are very well controlled and im in good shape in general. My facial hair hardly seems to grow at all, only in certain places on my face. Is there something missing in my diet or something I can do to make it grow? Should I speak to my endochrynologist about it?
Hope you can help me out.
Teen expert
teen expert

Hi Michael,

how old are you? Many guys find their facial hair grows in patches, especially during adolescence. Also some guys have a fuller, stronger beard than others. One guy will have a fast growing beard, another won't. This is down to genetics rather than something being physically wrong. Guys continue developing until they are about 24.

However, given your physical coniditon it is worth checking it out with your specialist.

Hope this helps