Question

Small Bowel Resection
Hi there Doc,
Could you please give me the pro's & cons for the "smal bowel resection" procedure? Furthermore I need to know what the minimum erquirements are for the operation. Someone told you you have to be at least 30kg overweight before you "qualify". Is this true?
Thanks for your help in this regard!

Veriquick, the pros are weight loss when everything else has failed and the (potential) cons are wound sepsis, malabsorption, liver problems, kidney problems, osteoporosis and a host of other minor problems.
Who’s requirements are you talking about? The medical aid’s or medically speaking? I have no idea what the medical aid’s are, but medically speaking you have to weigh more than (Height in Meter)x(Height in Meter)x40. Good luck.