Question

Small Lump on Side of Neck
Please help. I discovered a small (pea size) completely painless lump on the side of my neck last night. My immediate thought was cancer so I spent the night in a cold sweat - what can it be? If I sit straight I cannot feel it, only if I pull my neck to the left, then I can feel the lump on the right side. There is no pain and it is under the skin - almost like it is on a muscle. Is there a possibility it can be something as deadly as cancer - I am completely terrified and getting myself into a state. My boyfriend says I should not panic and wait a week to see if it goes away - but I do not know if I could wait a week. If there is any possibility this could be dangerous, I will go see a doctor. Just looking for opinions?

Dear Panic,
It might just be a harmless fat gland or a lymph gland or even one of the oil glands in your skin that got blocked. Please go to your GP so that he can have a look.