Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

I have a 14 old son who is smoking and I dont know what to do.He says he cant stop as he craves it,this has been going on foer about 5 months and I have only found out now.How do I help him,with what meds or should I take him to a councillor.
Answer 295 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Jacqui
It may help taking him to a psychologist working with kids - but if you or your husband smoke it is going to be difficult to change his mind. It also has to do with peer pressure and if he is stressed this may be a kind of "self medication" for him to feel calm.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17787 votes