Question

Smoking addiction
I would like to take up smoking as a means of coping with stress and so that I can join in on the smokebreaks with my friends at the office. But I do not want to get addicted. I was wondering if there is not currently an operation that I could undergo that would make the smoke from the cigarette bypass my lungs thereby eliminating the possiblity of addiction. I've recently read about something similar in a book by William Gibson.

Dear Loei
No there isn't - and rather not start, there is no way of preventing addiction. Gibson is a novelist ( which means that he writes FICTION) and is regarded as the "father " of cyberpunk science fiction. Getting an operation to bypass smoke so that you can join smokebreaks is just that - science fiction...
Dr B