Ask an expert

06 Jul 2010

so angry
How do I get over someone and stop thinking about them i.e. just let it go? I am so angry all the time with him, I cant sleep so have been taking a tranquilisers everynight for 2 weeks. I drink myself into a stupor and basically dont care what happens to me. This morning I wanted to drive into ongoing traffic... all because of a man!!! How can I just not think about him anymore and get on with my life and please dont say time heals, Im dying in this present moment ... :(
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

The drinking really isn't helping, especially combined with the tranquillizers - apart from the obvious, such chemicals can help to FIX the ideas you want to get rid of, rather than helping them to go away. Obviously a counsellor / shrink is needed to help you to sort this out as well as to deal with the depression that sounds like it's growing. Nobody is worth driving yourself into such a state
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18746 votes